2.18.2009

Prime Time

I always wonder how can I make my make up last for a full day or at least a full work day. I was told a while back that a primer can make a big difference, but I was reluctant because of my oily skin.

I finally gave in and tried Smashbox's primer which was good, but not for the oily skin types (maybe in the winter or when the air is really dry). But the primer that has worked best for me since mid last year and I can finally attest to is Laura Geller's Spackle.

It is very light weight and has a slight iridescent to it that makes you glow just a tad bit once makeup is applied.

My routine is to apply to my skin about 10-15 minutes after I applied my moisturizer. I think wait about another 5 minutes before applying my makeup.

For my oily skin, it has worked wonders. My face has an even tone, provided by the makeup that lasts all day. In the cases I do get a bit oily; it is as if the primer allows for equal distribution of the oil so I don't look gross.

A said benefit of primers are that is creates a barrier between your skin and the makeup to keep it healthy and smooth. I believer that, but also keep in mind the primer itself is a product that can have some affect.

Enjoy your primer - whichever you choose.