1.28.2009

Investment Time - A Market Advantage

If you have a Roth IRA; IRA; 401K or any mutual fund investment you may have noticed in your most recent statement a 30%+ drop....yes I know it hurts soo bad:(

Looking at my statement I had to place a call to my Roth IRA provider - the lovely Fidelity - and with their 24/7 service I was able to get some guidance; in addition to research and recent conversations I had with trusted financial sources.

One thing I realized is that if you have the money this is the time to buy more shares of your investments funds. We must not look at it as dollars but as shares. Some funds are running low in the $5 - $7/share range. This made me recall the time I bought Bear Sterns at $5 a share when they were going through their stuff and when they were bought the stock rose to $10 and I made a few dollars.

If you are saving in these investment funds for retirement or major life purchases like a home, you have time so go ahead and purchase. Fellow blogger WellHeeled made a good point of this in her Shares, Not Dollars article.